The Pre-Raphaelite Trend


Recently I've been seeing references to Pre-Raphaelite waves, and I'm really liking it!  Especially since I've decided to grow my hair out…Waterhouse has always been one of my favorite artists, ever since I went through a Camelot craze when I was twelve.  I think it's a great look, an easy everyday hairstyle.  Here's an interesting article on hair from a Pre-Raphaelite enthusiast's blog.

Just look at the similarities between these next two pictures!  Gorgeous!



And from Imitation's Spring 2012 Runway show…the long, wavy hair and flower wreath are pretty obvious, don't you think?


Some more inspiration via pinterest…



One last image, this one has also been circulating on Pinterest.  Apparently if you section hair into 5-10 pieces and braid each loosely, run a flat iron over them, let them cool, spray with hairspray and undo the braids, the below is what you'll end up with.  Haven't tried it yet, but I'm definitely going to!  A 3-barrel waving iron is a quick and easy way to get a similar look.  What do you think of Pre-Raphaelite inspired tresses?  Will you be trying this look out?

 

Copyright © More Hairstyles Design by Free CSS Templates | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger